Tuesday, November 2, 2010

dashboard. pan up. rear view. pan down.




 
I decided to do an eensy little series on the little trinkets that hang from my rear view. Although the dream catcher is the focal point of most of these shots each pendant holds significance, mainly being where I got them. Typically I find rear view decoration to be tacky. But, i enjoy my little assemblage. It's my little collage of places. The wooden knot was purchased in Cancun when my family went over a year ago. Sort of reminds me of my grandparents and it will often drive my car in their direction when I see it.  The circular tribal pendant is also from Mexico, except it's from Ensenada. This one more reminds me of my youth, due to the fact that I purchased it around my first year of high school. More of the stress relieving trinket I suppose. Then we have the Jade necklace. IN LOVE with this thing. My dear sister got for me as a birthday present awhile back. I know it's from Africa but I’m not sure about which country. Reminder of the sister of course. Who is not just the sister, but the closest friend I've ever had. Finally the dream catcher. Favorite thing. I've thought seriously about wearing it as an earring but it's a little heavy. I found it in a van in Colorado, which is also where my brother lives. (In the state, not the van.) It reminds me of him, which I need seeing as I only get to see him twice a year. It also just looks fantastic, feels fantastic, and make me feel fantastic. Boom. So here it is. My little mobile. Like a sculptural photo album. In all different light, day, and color.

No comments:

Post a Comment